Siyol (सियोल) Seeyol (सीयोल) Sihol (सिहोल) Seoul (सियोल) Syal (सियाल) Sial (सियाल) is Gotra of Jats found in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh & Himachal Pradesh and Pakistan. It is a branch of Johiya.
The city of Sialkot in Pakistan is named after them.
- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Villages founded by Siyol clan
- 4 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 5 Distribution in Punjab, India
- 6 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 7 Distribution in Jammu kasmir
- 8 Distribution in Himachal Pradesh
- 9 Distribution in Pakistan
- 10 Notable person
- 11 External Links
- 12 Reference
- They are descendants of Nagavanshi mahapurusha Shavala (शवल). 
- Manaji was one of 12 sons of Raja Shiv Singh Johiya (959 AD) of Kot Malot (Malout) in Muktsar, Punjab. He is said to have given name to Manjhu, Sihol and Loonka Clan of Jats.
H.A. Rose writes that Bhangu (भंगू), Bhanggu (भंग्गु), a Jat tribe which does not claim Rajput origin. The Bhangu and Nol were among the earliest inhabitants of the Jhang District and held the country about Shorkot, the Nol holding that round Jhang itself before the advent of the Sials, by whom both tribes were overthrown. Probably the same as the Bhango, supra. 
H.A. Rose writes that Raja Rasalu of Punjab folklore had by a paramour of the scavenger class four sons, Seo, Teo, Gheo, and Karu, from whom are respectively descended the Sials, Tiwanas, Ghebas, and Karrals. They intermarry with Gakkhars, Sayyids and Dhunds.
Villages founded by Siyol clan[संपादित करें]
- Seeyolon Ki Dhani (सीयोलों की ढाणी) - Village in Baytoo tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Siyolo Ki Dhani (सियोलों की ढाणी) - Villages in Baytu tahsil in Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Siyolon Ka Der (सियोलों का डेर) - village in Chohtan Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Siyolon Ki Beri (सियोलों की बेरी) - village in Gudha Malani Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Siyolon Ki Dhani (सियोलों की ढाणी) - village in Gudha Malani Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
Distribution in Rajasthan[संपादित करें]
Villages in Jodhpur district[संपादित करें]
Villages in Barmer district[संपादित करें]
Alamsar, Aalpura, Barmer, Bhojasar, Chak Gudha, Chawanada, Garal (5), Hemaguda, Hira Ki Dhani, Jaisar, Khudasa (15), Koloo, Koshlu, Mokhab Khurd, Moodhonki Dhani, Nosar, Purawa, Ramji Ka Gol, Ratanpura, Seeyolon Ki Dhani, Siyolo Ki Dhani, Siyolon Ka Der (Piprali), Sobhala, Undoo,
Villages in Jaisalmer district[संपादित करें]
Villages in Jalor district[संपादित करें]
Villages in Churu district[संपादित करें]
Villages in Nagaur district[संपादित करें]
Distribution in Punjab, India[संपादित करें]
Villages in Kapurthala district[संपादित करें]
Villages in Firozpur district[संपादित करें]
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh[संपादित करें]
Villages in Meerut district[संपादित करें]
Distribution in Jammu kasmir[संपादित करें]
Villages in Udhampur district[संपादित करें]
Distribution in Himachal Pradesh[संपादित करें]
Distribution in Pakistan[संपादित करें]
Sial - The Sial tribe are a branch of Jatt originating predominantly from the Jhang District of northern Punjab, Pakistan. The Sials are predominantly Muslims; there are also Christian, Sikh, Hindu Sials.
According to 1911 census, the Sials were one of the principal Muslim Jat clans with population as under:
- Lahore District - (1,373),
- Montgomery District (Sahiwal District):(3,709),
- Rawalpindi District:(420),
- Gujrat District:(1,511),
- Mianwali District:(2,187),
- Jhang District:(595),
- Dera Ghazi Khan District:(3,915),
- Bahawalpur State:(847),
Notable person[संपादित करें]
- Mirza Sahiba (The Love Story) - Mirza, a Kharal, jatt from Punjab, and Sahiban belong to Sial tribe.
- Harchand Siyol , Jaisar, Akdara, tah: Baytoo, who lost life in struggle against Jagirdars in year 1951
- Bhairaram Chaudhary - MLA, Osian constituency.
- Thana Ram Chaudhary (Seoul) - Superintendent Central Excise & Customs, Date of Birth : 15-February-1958, VPO.- Bamarla, Teh.- Chohtan, Distt.- Barmer, Rajasthan, Present Address : B-94, Saraswati Nagar, Basni, Jodhpur, Rajasthan - 342005,
- Bhera Ram Siyol - elected in Rajathan Assembly as BJP MLA-2013 from Osia, Jodhpur.
- Vikash Siyol: Gujarat Judicial Service, 2013 batch, Railway Magistrate, Ahmadabad, From Barmer, from Barmer)(son in law of Sawai Singh Godara IPS
- Bhanwar Lal Siyol - (Comn &IT), Rampal Ji Siyol (Teacher) S/o Bhagaram Siyol, Lawera Khurd, Bhopalgarh, Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
- Dr Surendra Singh (Siyol)- From Alamsar, Barmer,
External Links[संपादित करें]
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.62,s.n. 2446
- Dr Mahendra Singh Arya, Dharmpal Singh Dudee, Kishan Singh Faujdar & Vijendra Singh Narwar: Ādhunik Jat Itihasa (The modern history of Jats), Agra 1998
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/B , p.84
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/K,p.478
- Duggal, Kartar Singh (1979). Folk romances of Punjab. Marwah. p. 129.
Back to Jat Gotras