विकिपीडिया:Article wizard/Not quite yet
If a topic has received significant coverage in reliable sources that are independent of the subject, it is presumed to satisfy the inclusion criteria for a stand-alone article.
Thank you for using the Article Wizard!
Although your proposed article might not be ready now, it could possibly be improved with some work. When you feel your article is ready, please consider using this wizard again (just go back to the beginning); alternatively, you can create a draft whilst you get the article ready (see below). In any case, we encourage you to continue to participate in the project in other ways, such as working on improving existing articles.
What you can do now
|Create a draft. (For registered users only.) Whilst you're drafting the article, and collecting information and sources, you can create a draft in your userspace. Later on, when it's ready, you can then move or copy the draft to Wikipedia proper ("mainspace").|
1. have a reputation for reliability: they are reliable sources
2. are independent of the subject
3. are verifiable by other editors
Sources are (nearly) everything
Your topic might be notable, but without good references, nobody else can review it and agree with you, or verify the information in your article. The key thing you'll need is (more) reliable sources, which are also independent of the subject.
- Look for more sources! There's no substitute for research.
- Remember that not every subject in the world meets the notability criteria - some that don't might do so in future, and some (probably) never will.
- Remember that not every subject meeting the notability criteria is encyclopedic - items such as FAQs, video game guides, memorials, instruction manuals, directories, list of links, advertising, self-promotion, and dictionary definitions are not encyclopedic. See What Wikipedia is not.
- If you're unsure whether your sources are sufficient, or how to write from a neutral point of view, try the Wikipedia:Drawing board.
- If you're unable to find the sources to support an article, you could post a request at Wikipedia:Requested articles.
If you'd like to try to find the reliable sources needed for your proposed article, these links may help:
|स्रोत खोजें: "new article" – समाचारों में · पुस्तकें · विज्ञ (scholar) · मुक्त चित्र(free images). |
Remember, though, that many valuable sources are not available online.
This wizard is under active development.
Please consider giving feedback.