क्षेत्र द्वारा देशों की सूची
मुक्त ज्ञानकोष विकिपीडिया से
[संपादित करें] See also
- List of countries by total area (graphical)
- List of countries by forest area
- List of island countries by area
- List of islands by area
- List of major geographic bodies by area
- List of political and geographic subdivisions by total area
- Orders of magnitude (area)
[संपादित करें] Notes
- There are two reasons for the dispute in rankings between the United States and China. The first reason is China's inclusion of several disputed territories. If the territories of Aksai Chin and Trans-Karakoram Tract, which are controlled by China, were added to the current UN figure for China, China's total area would be 96,40,011 कि.मी.२ (37,22,029 वर्ग मील). Using this figure, the area of China would exceed the area of the United States. The second reason relates to how "total area" is calculated. The figure given for the United States additionally includes coastal waters, while the figure for China does not. The inclusion of coastal waters is the calculation method used by the CIA World Factbook, whereas the latter is the method employed by Encyclopædia Britannica, reaching differing conclusions.
- The area given is the United Nations official figure for Mainland China, excluding the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau; Taiwan and other islands of the Republic of China; territories in dispute with India (Aksai Chin, Trans-Karakoram Tract, South Tibet); coastal and territorial waters. Aksai Chin and Trans-Karakoram Tract are claimed by India, controlled by China, whereas South Tibet is claimed by China, controlled by India. The total area of China is listed as 95,72,900 कि.मी.२ (36,96,100 वर्ग मील) by the Encyclopædia Britannica, which is slightly larger than that of the United States See territorial changes and land reclamations of P.R. China
- According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the UN figure of 76,92,024 कि.मी.२ (29,69,907 वर्ग मील) includes the statistical entity known as "Other territories", which is defined in the Census Dictionary as consisting of the Jervis Bay Territory, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, and Christmas Island.
- Includes the territories of the Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Christmas Island.[Note 3] Excludes the external territories of Norfolk Island, Ashmore and Cartier Islands, Coral Sea Islands Territory, and Heard and McDonald Islands. Excludes the claim of the Australian Antarctic Territory.
- The area given is the United Nations official figure. If Indian Kashmir (claimed by Pakistan) and South Tibet (claimed by China) are excluded, the area would be 32,01,446 कि.मी.२ (12,36,085 वर्ग मील).
- Does not include claims on the Falkland Islands, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands and on Antarctica.
- Does not include claims on Clipperton Island (स्पेनी: Isla de la Pasión) 8.9-वर्ग-कि.मी. (3.4 वर्ग मील).
- The UN Demographic Yearbook lists a figure of 16,28,750 कि.मी.२ (6,28,860 वर्ग मील), which refers to land area only.
- Excludes data for Pakistani Kashmir that are claimed by India. This region consists of the territories of Azad Kashmir (13,297 कि.मी.२/5,134 वर्ग मील) and Gilgit-Baltistan (72,520 कि.मी.२/28,000 वर्ग मील). Including these territories would produce an area figure of 8,81,912 कि.मी.२ (3,40,508 वर्ग मील).
- The French Republic includes French overseas territories but excludes French Southern and Antarctic Lands.
The UN source reports साँचा:Convert/LoffAoffDsSon as the geographic European area (Metropolitan France), and separately reports the areas of overseas departments of French Guiana (83,534 कि.मी.२/32,253 वर्ग मील), Guadeloupe (1,705 कि.मी.२/658 वर्ग मील), Martinique (1,128 कि.मी.२/436 वर्ग मील), and Réunion (2,513 कि.मी.२/970 वर्ग मील); Mayotte's area (373 कि.मी.२ (144 वर्ग मील)) is included with Comoros. The areas of these overseas departments total (89,253 कि.मी.२/34,461 वर्ग मील), and adding that to the geographic European area brings the total area for the French Republic to (6,40,753 कि.मी.२/2,47,396 वर्ग मील).
Another source, the French National Institute for Statistice and Economic Studies, gives an area figure of (6,32,759 कि.मी.२/2,44,310 वर्ग मील) as the area of Metropolitan France and overseas departments. The CIA gives a water area of Metropolitan France as 1,530 कि.मी.२ (590 वर्ग मील).
- Includes the largely unrecognized Somaliland, which has an area of 1,37,600 कि.मी.२ (53,100 वर्ग मील) and is de facto independent from Somalia.
- Includes Spanish possessions on or near the coast of Africa (Ceuta, Melilla, Plazas de soberanía).
- Does not include the disputed southern Kuril Islands.
- Includes Åland Islands (1,552 कि.मी.२/599 वर्ग मील).
- The UN data includes mainland Norway only, and excludes the integral overseas areas of Svalbard and Jan Mayen, the dependency of Bouvet Island, and the Antarctic dependency claims of Queen Maud Land and Peter I Island (243 कि.मी.२/94 वर्ग मील).
- The figure given on a Philippine Government website is 2,99,764 कि.मी.२ (1,15,740 वर्ग मील).
- Excludes Niue, the Cook Islands and Tokelau, as well as the Antarctic claim of Ross Dependency.
- Administration is split between Morocco and the partially recognised, de facto independent Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, both of which claim the entire territory.
- Does not include the three Crown Dependencies (768 कि.मी.२/297 वर्ग मील) and the 14 British overseas territories (17,42,857 कि.मी.२/6,72,921 वर्ग मील).
- The UN area figure includes the largely unrecognized Nagorno-Karabakh Republic, which has an area of 11,458 कि.मी.२ (4,424 वर्ग मील) and is de facto independent from Azerbaijan.
- The UN figure of 88,361 कि.मी.२ (34,116 वर्ग मील) includes the disputed Kosovo, which declared independence in 2008
- The UN area figure includes the largely unrecognized Abkhazia and South Ossetia, both of which are de facto independent from Georgia. The area of Abkhazia is 8,660 कि.मी.२ (3,340 वर्ग मील) and that of South Ossetia is 3,900 कि.मी.२ (1,500 वर्ग मील).
- Also known as the Chagos Islands. Home of the Diego Garcia military base; no permanent resident population. The UN gives no information for British Indian Ocean Territory.
- The UN figure includes only the constituent country Denmark; the entire Kingdom of Denmark, including Greenland and Faroe Islands covers 22,20,093 कि.मी.२ (8,57,183 वर्ग मील) and would be 12th.
- The UN figure of 37,354 कि.मी.२ (14,422 वर्ग मील) includes only the European territory of the Netherlands; adding Aruba (180 कि.मी.२ (69 वर्ग मील)) and the Netherlands Antilles (800 कि.मी.२ (310 वर्ग मील)), the entire Kingdom of the Netherlands covers 38,334 कि.मी.२ (14,801 वर्ग मील). The official figure for the whole Kingdom is 41,528 कि.मी.२ (16,034 वर्ग मील).
- Excludes state forests and communanzas amounting to (7.15 कि.मी.२ (2.76 वर्ग मील)).
- Bhutan's entry in the CIA Factbook as of July 2009 lists the same number reported by the Bhutan government in 2002. The previous CIA Factbook update listed the area as 47,000 कि.मी.२ (18,000 वर्ग मील), close to the 46,500 कि.मी.२ (18,000 वर्ग मील) figure reported by the Bhutan government in 1997.
- The UN source does not include data for the Republic of China (Taiwan). The 2009 Statistical Yearbook of the Republic of China gives a total area of 36,188 कि.मी.२ (13,972 वर्ग मील). The total constitutional land area of the Republic of China is 1,14,20,000 कि.मी.२ (44,10,000 वर्ग मील), which includes modern-day Taiwan, Mongolia, and Mainland China.
- Includes the largely unrecognized Transnistria, which has an area of 4,163 कि.मी.२ (1,607 वर्ग मील) and is de facto independent from Moldova.
- The UN figure of 22,072 कि.मी.२ (8,522 वर्ग मील) includes the internationally unrecognized annexed Golan Heights (1,200 कि.मी.२/460 वर्ग मील) and East Jerusalem (70 कि.मी.२/27 वर्ग मील).
- The UN area figure includes the largely unrecognized but de facto independent Northern Cyprus (3,355 कि.मी.२/1,295 वर्ग मील), an UN buffer zone (346 कि.मी.२/134 वर्ग मील), and Akrotiri and Dhekelia.
- The UN source has no data for the French Southern and Antarctic Lands. The figure given here is the total of all areas listed separately in the CIA World Factbook.
- The UN source does not include data for South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands.
- The UN source lists this entity as three separate territories.
- The UN source does not include data for Saint Martin. The French National institute of Statistics and economic Studies gives a total area of 56 कि.मी.२ (22 वर्ग मील).
- Includes Henderson, Ducie Island, and Oeno Island. The UN figure of 5 कि.मी.२/1.9 वर्ग मील only includes area for Pitcairn island itself, the only inhabited island in the Pitcairn Islands group.
- The UN source does not include data for Saint Barthélemy. The French National institute of Statistics and economic Studies gives a total area of 24 कि.मी.२ (9.3 वर्ग मील).
[संपादित करें] References
- "Countries of the World: 21 Years of World Facts". geographic.org. http://www.theodora.com/wfb/abc_world_fact_book.html. अभिगमन तिथि: 2008-08-17
The CIA has updated the total area of United States a number of times since initial publication of the World Factbook. From 1989 through 1996, the total area of US was listed as 93,72,610 कि.मी.२ (36,18,780 वर्ग मील) (land area plus inland water only). The listed total area changed to 96,29,091 कि.मी.२ (37,17,813 वर्ग मील) in 1997 (With the Great Lakes areas and the coastal waters added), to 96,31,418 कि.मी.२ (37,18,711 वर्ग मील) in 2004, to 96,31,420 कि.मी.२ (37,18,710 वर्ग मील) in 2006, and to 98,26,630 कि.मी.२ (37,94,080 वर्ग मील) in 2007 (territorial waters added). Note: From 1989 to 1996, China was listed as the world's third-largest country by total area according to the CIA World Factbook. The United States replaced China in 1997 after additional water spaces were added.
- "Encyclopædia Britannica - United States - Geography Note". Encyclopædia Britannica. http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/616563/United-States. अभिगमन तिथि: 2008-06-26.
- See: Note 39 of "Demographic Yearbook—Table 3: Population by sex, rate of population increase, surface area and density". UN Stat.. http://unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic/products/dyb/dyb2007/Table03.pdf. अभिगमन तिथि: 2010-01-31.
- "Encyclopædia Britannica - China - Geography Note". Encyclopædia Britannica. http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/111803/China. अभिगमन तिथि: 2010-01-31.
- Census of India - Area and Population (archive.org page)
- Agency of Statistics of the Republic of Kazakhstan (ASRK). 2005. Main Demographic Indicators. Available at http://www.stat.kz
- The water area percentage of Sudan prior to the secession of South Sudan was 5.18.
- Geohive - Pakistan statistics
- Subdivisions, surface area and population of the French Republic, National Institute for Statistice and Economic Studies, accessed 11 March 2011.
- General Profile of the Philippines : Geography, Philippine Information Agency.
- The New Zealand Land Cover Database, New Zealand Ministry for the Environment. Updated 1 July 2009.
CIA World Factbook has total/land area of 2,67,710 कि.मी.२ (1,03,360 वर्ग मील).
- "Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics". Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. http://www.bbs.gov.bd/Home.aspx. अभिगमन तिथि: 31 August 2011.
- "우리나라 국토, 여의도 면적 24배 늘어". Moneytoday, citing Ministry of Land Transport and Maritime Affairs. August 31, 2010. http://stock.mt.co.kr/view/mtview.php?no=2010083110084267827&type=1&outlink=2&EVEC. अभिगमन तिथि: 2010-09-12.
- Abkhazia at Encyclopædia Britannica
- South Ossetia at World English Dictionary
- Central Bureau of Statistics of Netherlands
- "9th Five Year Plan (2002-2007)". Royal Government of Bhutan. 2002. http://www.gnhc.gov.bt/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/5yp09_main.pdf. अभिगमन तिथि: 22 August 2011.
- "The World Factbook: Bhutan". U.S. Central Intelligence Agency. 26 June 2009. Archived from the original on 15 July 2009. http://web.archive.org/web/20090715044105/https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/BT.html.
- "8th Five Year Plan (1997-2002)". Royal Government of Bhutan. 1997. http://www.gnhc.gov.bt/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/08fyp.pdf. अभिगमन तिथि: 22 August 2011.
- "Area, cultivated land area and forest land area" (pdf). National Statistics - Republic of China (Taiwan). http://eng.stat.gov.tw/public/data/dgbas03/bs2/yearbook_eng/y001.pdf. अभिगमन तिथि: 2007-09-27.
- French Southern and Antarctic Lands, CIA Factbook, as of December 29, 2010.
- Excludes Mount Scopus, but includes East Jerusalem and Jersalem No Man's Land
- Central Intelligence Agency, Pitcairn Islands, CIA World Factbook, as of February 15, 2011.